Mystery plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlitzCraze

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello I just got a new plant the guy told me it was a water rose anyone know heat kind of plant it is ?

Attachments

• image-3677492316.jpg
    image-3677492316.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3175184983.jpg
    image-3175184983.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 117
I know it's amazing all the guy told me is it will be ok under low light but I want to make sure

definitely! after doing a little google search, i'm a little concerned as to wether it's aquatic or not... i'll wait for someone a little more knowledgeable to pop in and confirm that though.

Yes I got it from a very talented aquascaper he owns a store here in Toronto called aquainsparation

I haven't ever seen it either. That worries me as to whether it is aquatic or terrestrial. I shall go search the net!

Hmmm, toughy. Could it have been grown emersed?

Thoughts so far: Hygrophila Corymbosa 'kompact' or 'siamensis'. Google and see if it looks familiar? I know hygrophilas tend to have a broad leaf structure like that and will turn purple in good light. Are the borders white or tinted purple?

Very rarely has everyone been stumped... Lol. Haha it looks pretty cool. When you find out what it is i wanna know!

Was it floating on top of the water in the tank you got it from?

No it was planted and had an amazing white root structure I had to trim them down before replanting and whatever it is it's been two day and the excel made it grown 1-2" in low light!! And the purple leafs are spreading out and growing in this is the store I got it forms website anyone think it could be one of these plants

http://www.aquainspiration.com/plants.asp

well then... i would guess it's aquatic if it actually grew lol... unless its semi-aquatic... either way, it's a beatiful plant, and if it does realy well... some trimmings ;) ;) ;) would be pretty awesome.

Update images of the plant after three days! Look at the size compared to the height of the log

Attachments

• image-282702321.jpg
    image-282702321.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3733206964.jpg
    image-3733206964.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 70
Did you put miracle grow in the water? That plant will get huge if it continues at that rate. Would be nice to know what it is. My wife saw the pics and wants something like that for her 75 g tank.

Back
Top Bottom