Nano schooling fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Khuligirl93

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm trying to decide on a small schooling fish for my planted 20 long. I'd prefer a species that stays under 1.5" so I can have a large school of 15+, and my tank has an open top so it can't be anything that is prone to jumping.
What I've considered:
Chili rasboras
CPDs
Blue Eyed Gertrude/Spotted Rainbows
Clown Killies
(I really like the idea of something a little more unusual, and I have seen all these at a LFS surprisingly)

I think Scarlet Badis are beautiful, but I'd prefer something that eats flake and frozen foods.
Suggestions and experiences with any cool nano fish welcome!

I have CPDs and they are small,colorful, active and show no sign of being jumpers.
I wish I had more info chili and other micro rasboras. I like them.
If Gertrudes are anything like Furcata forktail rainbows, I find them to be sensitive to excessive CO2. I killed off a school last year after making a bad adjustment to the bubble count. They are IMO on the larger side for nano fish. They have this shimmy when they swim reminiscent of a molly in distress, if that makes any sense.
I have no experience with clown killies.
Ember tetras are another nano fish to check out.
You could continue the nano theme with a school of pygmy cories.

I have CPDs and they are small,colorful, active and show no sign of being jumpers.
I wish I had more info chili and other micro rasboras. I like them.
If Gertrudes are anything like Furcata forktail rainbows, I find them to be sensitive to excessive CO2. I killed off a school last year after making a bad adjustment to the bubble count. They are IMO on the larger side for nano fish. They have this shimmy when they swim reminiscent of a molly in distress, if that makes any sense.
I have no experience with clown killies.
Ember tetras are another nano fish to check out.
You could continue the nano theme with a school of pygmy cories.

Gertrude rainbows stay smaller than furcata rainbows, but I will do a little research on their CO2 sensitivity. Thanks for the input :)
I have had ember tetras before, but was hoping for something a little more exotic

Back
Top Bottom