need help choosing a regulator. and a few questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so i want to go pressurized with my co2. i am tired of mixing up the batches for DIY. i was looking at getting this REGULATOR but i wanted your opinions on it. it is a really good deal. and also will tis fit onto a paintball co2 tank? i have one already and it is a 16oz tank. any experience with this regualtor? thanks in advance.

There are several folks around here that have that reg. funk but I don't have that brand. That type, however, won't fit on a paintball cylinder.

Correct. a paintball cylinder does not have a CGA320 fitting. I also don't know if there is even a direct adapter..

I ordered the reg/controller combo from that site. Arrived in great condition.

it wont fit on a paintball co2, that sucks. how much would a used 5 pound bottle cost roughly? i have a rent shop near me that sells them so i can go check it out sometime this week. what si the best kind od diffuser? i have the hagen ladder diffuser that i was going to use but only becasue it would have been my bubble counter aswell. i have seen glass diffusers, homemade ones made out of gravel vacs, and others but what seems to be the most effective? or would my ladder be ok?

The hagen ladder will work up to 20-30 gallons with pressurised CO2. Any larger tank will need a better diffuser.

i will be suing this on a 20 gallon so it shoudl be sufficient. i was also looking at buying a system off of sirlunchbox but it got delayed becasue of the governments overwelming urge to get my taxes done quickly lol. i think he sadi ti was a sera system and would work on a paintball canister. i will be recontacting him now that i have recieved my return. or i will just look into a local used bottle and but the milwaukee regualtor i posted up top. were u satisfied with the regualtor macrosil? have u ever had any problems with it?

I can get you a 10# used full for about 90$.. that is the price I paid for mine at a local fire supression supply store..

I don't know when I'ld be able to get it up to you tho.. I kinda wrecked my van out in Milton yesterday.. of course 6.5hrs after I gave my notice :roll: But i will be going up to wasaga some time this summer to play a couple rounds..

hey when u go up to wasaga stop by and pick me up lol. i havent played a game in soo long. i will check my local spots first to see prices then decide from there what i am going to do. i am coming into a little extra cash in thursday casue i sld my go kart. that is an interesting story. i will have to make a thread on it..... anyway ya i would prefer a 5 gallon tank for size reasons and i will looking into splitting the line to maybe supply my 10 gallon aswell. thanks for all the quick responses.

Back
Top Bottom