Need help please - New to Planted Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ej_b1996

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I'm new to planted tanks and need as much help as I can get

So I have a sand substrate of about 1"-1 1/2" and I kind of wanted to stick to just sand as my substrate

I wanted to start off with REALLY easy to care for plants that don't really need any special lighting
And I wanted to stay away from any plant medicine or anything because I have a lot of shrimp and I know that they're pretty sensitive to those kind of things so ya just want to stay away from them as much as I can

Much help would be appreciated
Thanks!

I would start off but understanding the types of plants that are appropriate in a low light, low maintenance system. PlantGeek.net - Your Aquatic Plant Resource has a great database of plants that you can sort by lighting requirements.

Then, I would start to understand the needs of plants and how you provide them... light, CO2, macro and micro nutrients... These articles might help you gain an understanding.

Introduction to Fertilizing the Planted Tank - Aquarium Advice

Beginner's Guide to CO2 Injection in the Planted Tank - Aquarium Advice

I assume by plant medicine you mean fertilizer, or nutrients... there isn't really medication for plants that we utilize in the aquatic plant hobby.

Back
Top Bottom