New 12 gallon planted tank (help needed)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My tapwater isnt idea for many plants but java moss just wouldnt stop.

Again thats without any additives. Grew on a piece of driftwood.

The pictures way over year old.
ForumRunner_20131224_202235.jpg

Also should I be doing water changes while cycling? I'm currently on day 3. 4/5 full tank. Water conditioner in. Nite-out put in day 1and day 3. Some Tetraplant flora pride for the few plants I put in. Tested water yesterday. So far seems on track.

I did notice though after I used the tester strips I let them sit out for a while and after a few minutes the strips kept getting darker and changing colors. Is that normal?

Wow! That's excellent! Love the way it looks. Sounds like I need java moss. How do you grow it on the driftwood?

How do you feel the java moss works as far as stabilizing the tank and keeping it clean and safe?

Gently tie it with brown or green cotton thread and after a month it disolves by itself but by then the moss has grow enough to kind of grip to the wood.

ForumRunner_20131224_202915.jpg

A really basic tank by anyones standards but afew years ago i was pleased with it as my first tank.

I knoq from experience that it definitely needs trimming and checking. Anything hidden or rotting can cause problems.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom