New Planted 40 Breeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedNeck

Aquarium Advice Freak
Howdy all. I am in the process of taking down my old saltwater 40b and am going to look into doing a planted tank. I got a really nice light for the coral I use to keep and was wondering if it would work for plants? I was leaning towards black sand, black out back, a good canister filter and glass top. Probably a colorfully community tank.

Attachments

• 46238.jpg
    46238.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 43
Does it have reds and greens or just whites and blues?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Does it have reds and greens or just whites and blues?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

^^ this and also due to the 16000k your plants my look abit washed out. They tend to look more vibrant at 6500k. A lot of people have success growing low light plants under t8 coral globes so I can see why it wouldn't work for lower light plants like Java ferns, anubias, vals, crypts, mosses

^^ this and also due to the 16000k your plants my look abit washed out. They tend to look more vibrant at 6500k. A lot of people have success growing low light plants under t8 coral globes so I can see why it wouldn't work for lower light plants like Java ferns, anubias, vals, crypts, mosses

I'm not sure on the colors....I'd have to Google search it. As far as the 16000k I think there is a knob on the side to "cool" it down. Sorry this light is back at my parents and I'm not there.

So all I know for sure is its a 16k 160w led fixture......besides reef because I am not doing salt water again......what could I plant for fresh water?

Back
Top Bottom