Newbie with plants...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floop123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got a 1.5 gallon cube, and I don't know what good plants for me would be. Are there any plants that are fine with LED lighting?

Java fern and anubias nana varieties, with anubias nana petite being the smallest, just make sure not to bury the rhizome. Marimo moss balls do well, as does java moss. These should all stay small and are easy, low light plants.

In a tank that size id stick with lots of rocks and moss to make a nice scape, maybe like a small canyon with fissiden fontanus between the rocks etc?

Would this be a low light tank? If so, you could make a nice scape with Anubias nana "micro" and Microsorum Mini Leaf. Anubias Pangolino is an interesting Anubias that you could try--it is the smallest Anubias out there that I know of. Of course, as mentioned earlier, you can't go wrong with Anubias nana "petite". Crypt parva and Crypt lucens stay pretty small. There are also some varieties of small-leaved Bucephalandra, such as Buce sp. Mini Brownie.

Do they need any fertilizers? Are they fine with National Geographic sand?

I have no idea. It's the one that came with the tetra 1.5 gallon "glofish" set

I've got a 1.5 gallon cube, and I don't know what good plants for me would be. Are there any plants that are fine with LED lighting?

For the record LED lighting CAN BE very powerful. I run an LED array of 3w lights and have my light sitting way above the water line and still have a high light high tech setup

Light type don't matter its the spectrum of the light and the amount of intensity it offers that counts

In a low light situation Anubis Bucephalandra Jave Fern Sword plants might do well. however a standard aquarium LED light MIGHT NOT offer the spectrum needed for plant growth. you wil have to research this

Back
Top Bottom