oh no melted plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
trying to save my apistos from the plague I've treatd my tank with bifuran.

MY stargrass, umbrosium, glandulosa and rennicki have all melted away :(

funny thing the tonina and macrandra show no worse for the wear

I am sad. and it looks like the male apisto is agonner anyway. Maybe I saved the females.

This is one of those important posts where, from the misfortune of others, maybe some of us can avoid the same dilemma. I've never used bifuran (never even heard of it actually) but I am sorry for your loss Sherry. I know that many plants can be affected by antibiotics, and avoid using them when I can, but I know that I would go to any lengths (plants be dam*ed) to save my fish). I'm sorry that your plants took it so hard, but we can always replace them :)

I just called you to cry on your shoulder..

I pulled handfuls of rotten umbrosium and stargrass out tonight. nothing to salvage. the glandulosa and rennicki were also a total loss (tho I mourn the rennicki least)

I don't think I saved the fish, tho he is still alive.. but I hope I saved his harem.

I am very sad.

the mac also now looks to be on last legs (more than usual :) )

So sorry to hear this news. I have lost a few plants but not my fish. As Travis says, learn from this as we all will, and we can always help you re-place those plants. Hang in there.
Glen.

Back
Top Bottom