Plant acclimation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

malonbl

Aquarium Advice Activist
First timer here. I have some plants coming by mail in a few days. Do they (anubias, java ferns and java moss) require acclimation?

Nope. You can stick them right in your tank. Just be aware that some are grown on land and will have an adjustment period where they will lose their leaves and grow new ones that are more suited to being underwater.

I ordered from aquariumplants.com after they received a few recommendations on this site. I am anxious to get them in.

When I got my plant order from Planted Aquariun Central they had a letter enclosed that said to let them sit still wrapped in moisture on the counter until they got to room temp before putting into the tank. OS.

When I got my plant order from Planted Aquariun Central they had a letter enclosed that said to let them sit still wrapped in moisture on the counter until they got to room temp before putting into the tank. OS.

That's what I do when I get plants

Thanks, guys. Can they sit at room temp wrapped in the packaging for a few hours? I ask because my wife will be home when they arrive (hopefully) and I will be at work.

Back
Top Bottom