Plant food question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I currently have two largish plants and a few dwarf grass in the tank currently and I will be adding 8 plant bulbs to my tank (Lilly and onion, ect...) how much plant fertilizer should I add to make the plants healthy? On the back of the seachem flourish bottle it states to only put 5mL in but I'm not sure that will be enough to feed all my plants to make them grow. What sort of product should I be adding and what amount should I be adding to the tank itself?

Do I need to constantly replace the tabs or just once to start the bulbs?

I use several diff tabs,I'd recommend the Seachem's Flourish Tabs...place near base of plants&replace per instructions..

You can also use Flourish Excel to provide carbon, the main building block of plants. The root tabs and Flourish Comprehensive should be dosed according to directions, but the liquid fert can be increased if you start to see signs of deficiencies in the tank.

Should I do both the tabs and liquid? I also did some reading about building a CO2 tank, would you recommend that? If so how would I go about making one?

Ill have to check on the plants and the lights but I know I have plant lights but not sure what kind ill post up later

Sorry it took me awhile to get back, I have an aqueon floramax plant growth 15 watt t8 bulbs( 2 of them ) the plants I all ready have in now is 1 water Lily, and 1 aponogeton and some dwarf hair grass, I just planted bulbs witch included 2-3 lily, 3-4 aponogeton and 2 water onions. Should I build my own co2 dispenser? And how would I build it? Also any pointers to make sure they stay Alive would be appreciated

Don't know what your large plants are but with your lighting and the ferts you use IMO using liquid carbon such as Excel would be the best option.

Back
Top Bottom