Plant ID and question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejaramillo01

Aquarium Advice Addict
First the question:

1.- Baby tears, I bought three small pots of baby tears. Can I just plant them in the sand, and hope that they will expand from there? What is the best way to plant them?

Here are the Plant ID that I need help, any comments also about plant needs will be helpful...

Attachments

• DSC01247.jpg
    DSC01247.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC01248.jpg
    DSC01248.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC01251.jpg
    DSC01251.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC01252.jpg
    DSC01252.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 90
The first pic looks to be some sword, its a med light, heavy root feeder. The last is red ludwigia also med to high light.

Not sure what plant you're interested in with the first picture.

#2 Looks like subwassertang
#3 Looks like a Purple Waffle Plant, a nonaquatic plant.
#4 Could be any one of a number of Ludwigia Repens derivatives or similar floating around now (rubins, sp. red, etc), although plain Repens is probably to most common.

aqua_chem said:
Not sure what plant you're interested in with the first picture.

#2 Looks like subwassertang
#3 Looks like a Purple Waffle Plant, a nonaquatic plant.
#4 Could be any one of a number of Ludwigia Repens derivatives or similar floating around now (rubins, sp. red, etc), although plain Repens is probably to most common.

Thank you all.

Ups!!! this means that the purple waffle will die (non aquatic) ?

ejaramillo01 said:
First the question:

1.- Baby tears, I bought three small pots of baby tears. Can I just plant them in the sand, and hope that they will expand from there? What is the best way to plant them?

Here are the Plant ID that I need help, any comments also about plant needs will be helpful...

Break them up into individual plantlets, and plant them like the five side of a die. It will take a long time, but its worth it

tropicalmackdaddy said:
Break them up into individual plantlets, and plant them like the five side of a die. It will take a long time, but its worth it

Wow, separate them into individual plantlets, thanks....it will be hard to keep them attached to my sand as an individual ...no?

ejaramillo01 said:
Wow, separate them into individual plantlets, thanks....it will be hard to keep them attached to my sand as an individual ...no?

Well, they be planted right? And there is a guide on youtube if you look up planting hc, i dont have time for the link. Its really the best way, and it fills in nicer

tropicalmackdaddy said:
Well, they be planted right? And there is a guide on youtube if you look up planting hc, i dont have time for the link. Its really the best way, and it fills in nicer

Thanks....I should be able to find it.... I will give it a try...
Thanks again.

ID

I planted the HC, pretty hard... still everyday I found some steams floating in the tank....:facepalm:

But I re-plant them back into the sand..... let's see if they hold and start to develop more deep roots.

Any idea of the ID for the first pic of my tread... I'm talking about the big plant, looks like a sword but with round leaves...:confused:

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom