Plant ID Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glenc

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have what I thought was Ludwigia repens in my tank now. I just picked up Tropica Ludwigia repens and planted it tonight. I dosen't look anything like the "Ludwigia" I already have. Here is a shot of the two side by side. The redder plant on the left is the one I already had, the new plant is on the right. It is much greener but I think it will go redder once it gets used to my lighting, just as my original Ludwigia has. It was much greener when I first put it in my tank as well.Two different varieties of the same plant, or totally different plants? What do all think? Thanks in advance,
Glenc

Thanks for the replies, Ill give it some time and see what it looks like after it's been under my lights for a while. Post more pics of the two plants then.

The left looks like L. repens "Rubin" to me, which is a redder variant of L. repens I believe was cultured by Tropica. The right looks like regular L. repens, unless Tropica is developing yet another strain. L. repens "Rubin" keeps the reddish stem and veins in emersed growth, though the leaves can turn mostly green. I do not have L. repens "Green" :)

Back
Top Bottom