Plant ID's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bmtiz92

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bought a couple of plants from my LFS and was curious what one of them is, and to double check on the other two. I'm guessing hairgrass and rotala rotundifolia on the first two, but I'm not sure on the flast pic. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2150.jpg
    IMG_2150.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2148.jpg
    IMG_2148.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 70
You are right on the first two. That is indeed hair grass and rotalas. The last is some kind of ludwigia? I am not 100% sure. But that is my guess.

I don't think it's hairgrass. My bet is lilaeopsis brasiliensis, or microsword. Possibly also Lilaeopsis maurtiana. Agree that the second one is R. rotundifolia. Third one looks like Ludwigia Repens to me.

Hmm it does look a lot like microsword, also like the lilaeopsis brasiliensis. Also the other one looks a lot like ludwigia repens.
Two of the plants came with tags but neither seem to really match, they were L. novaezelandiae and L. peruensis.

I ment "or microsword" as in "also known as microsword". Lilaeposis brasiliensis is the technical name of microsword.

The bottom part certainly does. The upper leaves do kind of look like L. Grandulosa (peruensis is a incorrect name for this plant). They look a bit more elongated and maroony. Many ludwigia species look like L. Repens when grown emersed, but then start to look like their actual forms. We'll have to see what it's like in a month.

FAN has been mislabeling Lilaeopsis brasiliensis incorrectly as novaezelandiae for years. To my knowledge they only very recently corrected this. There's a good change it's actually brasiliensis.

Back
Top Bottom