Plant light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arnoldndana

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I won a 20 gallon tank from a LFS here in a raffle. I want to do a planted tank with butterfly hillstream loaches and gardneri killifish. I already have this light. Do y'all think it will be sufficient for this tank and what I'm doing with it?Screenshot_20170913-183651.jpg

Theres a Watt/Litre ratio im not sure what it is, just a rough guideline depending om how heavily planted it is
Ill be following to find out

Will the killi's be able to handle the current the hill streams need?

In terms of the light it depends on what plants you want to grow. It is an led so the watts per gallon are not a concern. I think it is unlikely that light will grow plants

That light is overwhelmingly blue. Description says it's for "Fish Coral Tank". Not sure how it would do with plants.
Hill stream requirements may not be suitable for killis.

For that Money you can buy a cfl that will grow plants. Maybe even an led bulb that is the correct spectrum

I didn't buy that light it was given to me and when I was on eBay looking at lights I ran across it. That's why I was asking.
One more question I have, can I put pants in while I'm cycling or do I need to wait until it's cycled?

Pants or plants? I know what you mean. No need to wait. Add them right from the start. They will not mind the excess ammonia.

Will the killi's be able to handle the current the hill streams need?

In terms of the light it depends on what plants you want to grow. It is an led so the watts per gallon are not a concern. I think it is unlikely that light will grow plants
Both of my LFS said that hillstream loaches and gardneris would be perfect tank mates. I don't plan to add any other fish and maybe some shrimp and snails.

Back
Top Bottom