Planted cichlid tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jfran

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it possible to have a planted cichlid tank or will they just dig it all up? I have two plants in with my firemouths and they had done much to them and I was wondering if I could get more.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Something hardy maybe java moss christmas moss maybe rotala MAYBE but really do some research but I think moss is your best bet

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've read success stories with anubias, java fern and mosses (as mentioned) Just hardy plants that can get pushed around a bit because I guarantee that they will be messed with.

Depends on the cichlid, angelfish and discus are cichlids and won't usually dig up your plants ;) I would try some cheap,hardy low light plants like java fern, java moss, anubias, etc.

I have successfully had an anubias and Japanese moss. But was wondering what more i could add. Thanks for the input guys!

Need advice on what kind of good background plants can be used in a Firemouth tank. I just changed the entire setup and now I need some good tall plants to put towards the back, but they need to be able to be well rooted so not to be dug up. Thanks

@54seaweed

Amazon swords make great background plants assuming you have a decent light and good root tabs. They are tough and once established have a huge root system so aren't too easy to dig up.

Back
Top Bottom