Planted srimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Light, tank, filter, substrate, water, dechlorinator, test kits, plants, and depending on lights you might need ferts and a carbon source.

It all depends. How much of a budget do you have for lights and what plants do you want to grow?

Thought about this sand substrate and some low light carpet plants

Attachments

• image-3802382258.jpg
    image-3802382258.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 84
  • image-337012427.jpg
    image-337012427.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 77
If you're going to be keeping Bee shrimp, I suggest getting RO water and a remineralizer so you adjust your params to their needs.

The second shrimp looks like blue rili shrimp. I have some and they breed very readily in a 50/50 ro tap water mix. I would say get them because they have very good blue color and are a good begining shrimp.

The second shrimp looks like blue rili shrimp. I have some and they breed very readily in a 50/50 ro tap water mix. I would say get them because they have very good blue color and are a good begining shrimp.

The blue rili are basically the exact same as a Red Cherry shrimp. Mixing ro water should be unnecessary with that particular species.

As for what light to get check out this website for some good options.
Freshwater - Build My LED, LLC

The blue rili are basically the exact same as a Red Cherry shrimp. Mixing ro water should be unnecessary with that particular species.

As for what light to get check out this website for some good options.
Freshwater - Build My LED, LLC

Blue till ARE the same thing as red cherry shrimp. They look like blue velvet which are not. Still neos but different species.

You could probably get away with a dual t5 normal output light over a 10g tank to give you a good light rating. But Brilliant is right, the lighting is sadly a large investment. High tech planted tanks can be just as expensive to set up as a reef tank.

Sry forgot to add light on last pic

Attachments

• image-4028912646.jpg
    image-4028912646.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom