post a pic of your planted tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr Funktastic....

yes thats a tiger lotus. My centerpiece plant. It was shooting up lillie pads, so I have been training it to stay low. There are even more leaves now, plus i just found a little baby plant that when it grows up a little ill get rid of on here to who ever wants it. It shoots up a new leaf about once ever 3-4 days.

Beautiful tanks everybody

Nice tank evercl! I also like the swords! I never could work a sword plant into my tank...lol. I have too many stem plants taking up space. :D

Ok here goes.........I got a couple floaters and you can tell the tank has been neglected over the summer but....here it is.

aug-17-06.jpg

More Pics - Don't click here if you have dialup!

Check page five of this thread for an earlier shot.
Glosso really took off huh.
The lil red dots in the glosso are red cherry shrimp. I started with 20 and now I have a ton.
The lighting goes like this:
It's a current usa orbit strip with 4 96w bulbs.
2 6700k and 2 10,000k
One of each is on from 9am to 9:30pm and the other two come on from 11am to 2pm.
Pressurized CO2 during the day, airstone at night.
I dose every day....alternating micros and macros.
PWC of 50% once a week.
Any questions?

oh one other thing.......the pic makes the tank look alot darker than it actually is........I'm still getting use to this new camera.
Pic was taken with just two bulbs on.

Man, the levels turned out great GlitcH. Great work on the plants and arrangement too, of course. Great tank!

Nice, That came together great. I love the timing on the lights.

Let me know when the cherry shrimp overtake the tank, I didn't have good luck with mine, but I'm ready to try them again!

i want to try the cherries so bad but they are 5 bucks each near me. wayyy to much for my likeing. sweet looking tank though.

45 gallon High
36" F30T8, 20" F17T8
~1 WPG
Dosing EI
regular gravel substrate

Attachments

• dsc00112a_198.jpg
    dsc00112a_198.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 27
Very nice guys.......hey mark.......what is that broad leaf plant in the middle? Those look almost like tree leaves. Reminds me of a tree around here that has a peppermint smell and taste to it.

Sold to me (And I have no reason to beleive otherwise) as Temple Plant. Appears to grow well in my tank, although some leaves do/did develope holes. May be snail related, or may be light related- I do not have my problem in my small shrimp tank which has much higher light and different types of snails. Light upgrade for the 45H is coming soon, and loaches have eaten most of the snails.

it looks like what i was told is giant hygro(shrt name i am sure. but it definatly is a hygro species. i think it is the corymbosa though. mine was very similiar to this. i thought i would post a pic of my 5 gal betta tank. i dont think i have yet. so here it is. just put in alot of new plants and just waiting for the growth.
img_690851_0_6cff206e3c0c7ea313a04ff54f57dab0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom