pruning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazedSaint

Aquarium Advice Freak
so ive come to understand when adding completely submerged plants to its tank the plants shed there leafs and grow completely new ones, well it does seems this is whats happening, i have anubius plants in my tank, so should i wait and allow the plants to shed or should i remove the dying leafs?

Anubius usually doesn't go threw this process. Only crypts and when plants are grown above water and then completely submerged will they melt down and come back

Don't "trim" your anubias. You can either cut the rhizome when it gets large to make another. If a leaf is really bothering you cut it at the base. But this wont encourage any new growth

Don't "trim" your anubias. You can either cut the rhizome when it gets large to make another. If a leaf is really bothering you cut it at the base. But this wont encourage any new growth

kk, im not going to cut it im going to let nature run its course, just hope they recover

Anubius usually doesn't go threw this process. Only crypts and when plants are grown above water and then completely submerged will they melt down and come back

right on, it might as be them getting back on there feet after some time in shipping, they were not submerged during shipping and they went into a tank that is still in the final stages of cycling

Back
Top Bottom