Question regarding Flourish Comprehensive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blert

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ingredient list shows chlorine and sodium. I am to assume these things are in such small trace amounts as to have no negative effect on the BB or fish?

Ingredient list shows chlorine and sodium. I am to assume these things are in such small trace amounts as to have no negative effect on the BB or fish?

I believe that it has chloRIDE, not chloRINE. Chloride won't harm BB at all, and is likely already in your tank in an appreciable quantity. So is sodium.

aqua_chem said:
I believe that it has chloRIDE, not chloRINE. Chloride won't harm BB at all, and is likely already in your tank in an appreciable quantity. So is sodium.

Nope, it says "chlorine 1.15%".

yes, Chlorine (an element) is part of what makes up chloride ions (a molecule).. they are listing by individual elements, not the molecules in the water... that way they can kinda obscure the fact that they are selling you diluted sea salt for a bunch of money

Edited to add: I am being flip here... stuff in the bottle is fine but perhaps unnecessary for the most part dependent upon your other routines with the tank..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom