Rabbit snails in planted tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jim532

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have rabbit snails in a planted tank? I have 2 orange rabbit snails that do get fed zucchini, cucumber, algae wafers and whatever else they scavenge from the bottom but ate al my jungle Val and Brazilian pennywort. They also just ate a water fern most recently. They eat till they roll over in a food coma. They bit all the way through the stalk then they hold onto the plant so it doesn't float away while they continue to eat it. They haven't touched my 2 anunbias or the Java moss or peacock moss.

I'd like to keep these guys. Does anyone have them in a planted tank? I'd like to know from people currently keep them what plants they will leave alone.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Does anyone have rabbit snails in a planted tank? I have 2 orange rabbit snails that do get fed zucchini, cucumber, algae wafers and whatever else they scavenge from the bottom but ate al my jungle Val and Brazilian pennywort. They also just ate a water fern most recently. They eat till they roll over in a food coma. They bit all the way through the stalk then they hold onto the plant so it doesn't float away while they continue to eat it. They haven't touched my 2 anunbias or the Java moss or peacock moss.

I'd like to keep these guys. Does anyone have them in a planted tank? I'd like to know from people currently keep them what plants they will leave alone.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I keep rabbit snail's and mine are exactly the same as yours! I did have them in my 55 gallon but they ate nearly every plant, so I moved them in with my shrimp the only plant's i keep in their is java fern and they even eat that! Like you mine didn't like anunbias or moss but happily mowed down everything else.

55 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

Back
Top Bottom