Random 5 gallon build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D-Fish

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I got a really good deal on the tank for a Fluval spec V. The light was broken and the pump was missing the connector for the outlet. So I had to replace the part of the pump, and put on an old clip-on aquarium light I had laying around. I'm going to have to upgrade the light a little bit but for now it will work.

I got most of the plants off of a generous member on here that was giving them away.

For substrate I have Fluval stratum caped with a layer of black sand. The dwarf hairgrass would not stay planted in just the Fluval stratum LOL.

I used some biological media from an established tank and moved a beta that I have over into it.

This is not the best picture and the water was a little stirred up from the planting. But thought I would share anyway. I'll try to get a few more pictures as the tank clears up and hopefully the plant start to grow.

I expect to see a little bit of melting before it really take off. But for now it is what I have. :)

IMG_20180822_194207.jpg

glad to see the plants arrived in good condition :). nice tank and i cant wait to see it when it all grows in. one tip ill give you is break up your groups of dwarf hairgrass just a bit more. it will spread like wildfire if you do. also what is the long leaf plant you have almost dead center?

glad to see the plants arrived in good condition :). nice tank and i cant wait to see it when it all grows in. one tip ill give you is break up your groups of dwarf hairgrass just a bit more. it will spread like wildfire if you do. also what is the long leaf plant you have almost dead center?
Aponogeton longiplumulosus.

I had grabbed it from another tank the day before I got your plants. I'll be moving it once it grows a bit.

Thanks for the advice. I'm new to aquascaping and higher light plants.

Just wanted to post another pic.
I still have not separates the DHG lol

But it's not looking bad. I don't think so anyway.
0905181233a.jpg

Ok this stuff grows fast lol. Looks like time for a trim.0916181226d.jpg

That it does. That myrio is growing fast.
Probably the flourish and Excel that I'm using. I've never used them before so just doing them by the directions. Can't complain with the results though.

Back
Top Bottom