Recommend me plant netting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baddog671

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently got a big hand full of Java moss and put some of it on 2 rocks that I have in my 19g. I tried to find some form of netting locally that I could use (like I've seen on Youtube), but no luck. I used fishing line which worked for the most part, but it's not exactly tight to the rocks. Also, now I realize this wont work because my snails try to burrow in the moss, and they have enough room to get between the rocks and moss, loosing it up further :ermm:

Would would you suggest? Thanks!

I've seen people use fine hair netting before. The kind you see restraunt kitchen help wearing. You can often find different sizes at Beauty supply stores (sorry if you a guy-you'll just have to suck it up and go in...lol). I've also seen people take fishing line or black 100% cotton thread and tightly wrap it round and round the rock and moss. You can use a lot of it to really hold the moss down tight and it will work just fine.

Yes Tulle will work. I'm one of those "old ladies" that used to sew a lot...lol! Tulle is going to be a bit harder to work with than the hair netting. The hair netting is very fine and you won't notice it nearly as much either.

That "old lady store" actually had tulle, and another netted fabric with slightly larger diameter holes. So I got the larger stuff. Tied it off on the backside with some fishing line.

Hopefully the little moss fronds will grow out the holes quick! :)

1450302_10151975086861764_312474160_n.jpg

Buy a net bag of oranges and use the bag. I bought some plastic tree guard which is ok to use for walls but useless to try and hold down things on stone because it is pretty rigid. The orange bags is usually a fairly brightly colored but very flexible and should wrap around stone well. If you can look at some bright mesh for a while it's an easy alternative to find and you get the oranges in the bargain.

BTW, the fabric I bought was 1.49$/yd. I got 2 yard, but I didn't realize that it was folded over on itself 4fold before cutting, so 2 yard is the size of my Queen bed, LOL! I'll be good for awhile :)

BTW, the fabric I bought was 1.49$/yd. I got 2 yard, but I didn't realize that it was folded over on itself 4fold before cutting, so 2 yard is the size of my Queen bed, LOL! I'll be good for awhile :)

Nice. Or you could waterproof your bedroom and start growing a moss mattress to sleep on :)

Back
Top Bottom