Red Crab has escaped!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yaxley

Aquarium Advice Regular
Need help here!

Today I bought a Red Claw Crab, I left the house for an hour this evening (he was sat on top of the filter). He is now nowhere to be seen, both in the tank and in my room!

I've put two dishes of water out in the hope I'll attract him but I have no idea what to do!
Any suggestions??

Keep looking all over the house and anywhere he could travel over, under, in around, anywhere and everywhere. Other than that I do not know.

Thanks i'll keep searching! I didn't know how far it could have gone, the tank is upstairs! do you know how long these guys can live out of water?

I'm not really sure how long but i do know that they will venture out of the water if tanks have land. So it is def possible he is still living it up around the house.

Any cats or dogs roaming the house?

No other pets to worry about, there are so many places it could have gone though...this is going to be a challenge

Most things have a natural instinct to stay by cover. Look by the walls and under the cupboards and bed, etc. It's unlikely it's in something or on something, more likely to be by something or under something.

How noisy is it where you live? Your best bet might actually be to turn off the light, lay there making no noise and listen as carefully as you can... The light being off might bring him out in the open.

I'm now more worried that he's been out of the water too long! Do you know how long they can survive? I'll try leaving the room and turning everything off, maybe he'll go for the dishes of water I've left out, such a shame I only got him today, he must have shimmied out on the wire from the filter!

No I don't, sorry. The only critters I've had were Crayfish and they can live just fine outside of water for a long time...

Back
Top Bottom