red ludwigia plant clippings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
img_735727_0_67b9f88281344712a12fa2992e0b78b5.jpg

very tiny :D but the mother plant is sooo not recovering from the algea attack :( so I have 3 clippings, these are my first plant clippings so I hope they grow and thrive! if they do I can get more :D

I don't think they even fit the definition of a "clipping"! :) j/k They are small but should do fine. Depending on how much current you have in the tank, 1 of the 3 floating might grow quicker. Also you might want to space them out a bit more in case you do get another algae outbreak. I tend to find that algae at the beginning stages are normally contained to a particular area and will travel across the tank, so having the clippings spread out would allow you to salvage 1 or 2.

We gotta get you some more clippings!

How far away is TN from PA? :)

7Enigma said:
I don't think they even fit the definition of a "clipping"! :) j/k They are small but should do fine. Depending on how much current you have in the tank, 1 of the 3 floating might grow quicker. Also you might want to space them out a bit more in case you do get another algae outbreak. I tend to find that algae at the beginning stages are normally contained to a particular area and will travel across the tank, so having the clippings spread out would allow you to salvage 1 or 2.

We gotta get you some more clippings!

How far away is TN from PA? :)
oh clippings would be a BLESSING :D :wink: PA is like.... oh I have no clue LOL never been their,..let me go look it up :D

I had a fish break up my repens and I had a bunch of tiny tips like that, I suggest using weights instead of sticking them in gravel so they'll be "taller" :p You can also then put them on top of something (like a taller plant if you use a small piece of weight)

Back
Top Bottom