rescaping questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calfishguy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Will pulling everything out and moving stuff around hurt the plants? Will it affect my root tabs? How long should I leave the roots.

When I have decided to move plants around I just scoop up the gravel under and around them. That way it doesn't break any roots off.

Will pulling everything out and moving stuff around hurt the plants? Will it affect my root tabs? How long should I leave the roots.

some plants may melt a bit or stop growing for a short period of time after being moved, and the root tabs should be fine unless some of plants roots have wrapped themselves around them, however if thats the case just take the tab and re bury it.

as said above if the roots break easy then scooping the dirt/gravel would work, if you have sand then its not much of concern as the plants should come out easy

some plants may melt a bit or stop growing for a short period of time after being moved, and the root tabs should be fine unless some of plants roots have wrapped themselves around them, however if thats the case just take the tab and re bury it.

as said above if the roots break easy then scooping the dirt/gravel would work, if you have sand then its not much of concern as the plants should come out easy

Okay thanks I'll try to move them a little and not pull all of them out.

I will be buying some driftwood and two red melon swords. Am I better to spread and move the plants now so I know what size of wood to get or just wing it when buying?

Back
Top Bottom