Rotala Walachi problems?..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prediscus23

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have any experience with this plant? Mine seems to be stunted in a dry ferted, high lighted, and co2 infused environment and I don't know why. Help?..

what you mean...im looking to replace mine cause it have to trim it every 2 weeks. hows it stunted?

Wallichii is not an easy plant to grow. It's really like good CO2 to grow well as well as light and ferts. It also prefers low pH.

Can you post a picture of the affected plant?

Wallichii is not an easy plant to grow. It's really like good CO2 to grow well as well as light and ferts. It also prefers low pH. Can you post a picture of the affected plant?

I've had this plant for 3 months and it hasn't grown a bit, except for the top it bloomed a little.

Attachments

• image-1829686955.jpg
    image-1829686955.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 57
I moved the rotala away from my hygro, I think that monster was sucking up all of the nutrients and starving the rotala. Not to mention blocking the light.

I moved the rotala away from my hygro, I think that monster was sucking up all of the nutrients and starving the rotala. Not to mention blocking the light.

Yes, that's a big factor with those plants they need A LOT of light. I had mine towards the back and it slowly withered away and dropped most of its needles.

Back
Top Bottom