Test Kit Results

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris_topher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've gone since November without a test kit now... should have bought one on day one - :-| the results are fairly good though :) I picked one up yesterday

Test was done several days before cleaning tank, I clean the tank every 1.5-2 weeks. This is a liquid kit.
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - Almost 0
pH Mid Range - above 7.6
pH High Range - 8.0

Unfortunately this kit didn't come with a water hardness or calcium measurer thing, kind of overlooked that at the store. I have a feeling my Nitrate is too low, and pH is too high. I'm just trying to gather more knowledge of what is good and bad, im still learning alot of stuff.

Again my tank is: 5g, heavily planted, 1 betta, aquaclear 20 on low, 9w fluorescent, 50w heater (27C)

Your pH is fine, I wouldn't worry about that at all, just leave it be and you're much better off.

The low nitrates could be attributed to the fact that you're heavily planted. Plants suck that stuff up if they're happy. Or there's the general nuance that at low levels even the good liquid test kits are still just hobby grade kits and arent that accurate at those low levels. In any case, nothing wrong with any of the readings you've stated here.

Back
Top Bottom