This plant list look ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nikipike

Aquarium Advice Regular
Tank cycle is going well, feel comfortable looking to buy plants now that the nitrate is there.

Please tell me if i've over looked anything, have checked the info for all on plantgeeks & they seem to be within my limits (10gal w/ 10w compact fluorescent.)

- anubias nana
- petite nana
- java moss
- dwarf sag
- pennywort
- dwarf onion plant

Starting from the back:
Would like to use the dwarf sag as a background plant (I know it's a foreground plant in large tanks.) Piece of driftwood in the middle-one side w/ java moss. Nana & a few petite nana i'd like to put in the foreground, each on a different side. Float the pennywort. The dwarf onion i'd use as a filler.

Thanks
Niki

Yeah, that is a good list. With the d. sag, at best, using it mid ground would be better. Have you considered placing it between the anubias or are you filling in the entire foreground with anubias? You may as well get some root tabs, the sag and anubias like it, especially in a low-maint tank.

If you still would like to use Sag for a background plant, consider picking up some Narrow Leaf Sag. It looks basically the same, except that it gets 2-3 times taller.

The reasoning behind the d. sag is i'd like a tall/thin plant to put in the back sorta like a screen. I might have to scratch it anyways, am trying to order most/all my plants from whever I can get petite nana for a good price. Found a place with a good selection & good price for the petite nana, but no d. sag.

Any suggestions for another plant that would be better suited for the back & would achieve what i'm wanting to do? There are just so many to pick from!

Jchillin, had already decided to get root tabs, petsmart near me carries the seachem ones. Not sure yet if I want to fill in the front w/ the anubias yet, want to see how they look first.

I think you'll do better with a little more light. Is it an incandescent hood? 2 10watt CF screw-ins should grow those plants great, let the sags multiply, and will not require CO2 injection. With 10watt CF, even if all the light hits the tank (unlikely with screw-in CF or incandescent hoods), you would have very, very low light.

Purrbox, i'm debating between them & AZGardens. AZGardens has most the plants I want for less, but Aquariumplants has all the ones I want for more. Not sure if either is more reputable.

czcz, i'm still pretty confused over all the different lighting hoods & bulbs.

I'm not sure what kind of hood mine is, but i'll be putting 2 10w CF screw in bulbs in it. Right now it has 2 10w incandescents.

Both are good companies with high quality plants. The biggest difference is that AzGardens.com doesn't provide upfront shipping costs, while AquariumPlants.com does. You might get a bit of sticker shock when you get that part of the bill if you order from AzGardens.

i'll be putting 2 10w CF screw in bulbs in it. Right now it has 2 10w incandescents.
Perfect. It is an incandescent hood.

Back
Top Bottom