tiger lotus advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi i have a red tiger lotus in my bettas 16gallon, i don't know much about them so i just let it grow! Well now i have four leaves at the surface and more coming is there any way i could cut them back? And if I can how do I do this. Thanks

Hello, I to have the tiger lotus and if you cut the long runners the will grow close to the ground instead of going to the surface. So when ever u get a runner going to the surface just cut it. Hope that helps u. Good luck

Hello, I to have the tiger lotus and if you cut the long runners the will grow close to the ground instead of going to the surface. So when ever u get a runner going to the surface just cut it. Hope that helps u. Good luck

Thanks, that's great :)

Always cut any leaves headed towards the surface off before they reach the surface. Once leaves reach the suface the bulb puts all it's energy into sending up more surface leaves which you don't want. By keeping them cut off it forces the bulb to produce submerged leaves which is what you want. I'd cut them all off and wait for the bulb to start sending out new leaves and keep the surface ones cut off as soon as you see them. This will give you the most compact submerged growth.

Always cut any leaves headed towards the surface off before they reach the surface. Once leaves reach the suface the bulb puts all it's energy into sending up more surface leaves which you don't want. By keeping them cut off it forces the bulb to produce submerged leaves which is what you want. I'd cut them all off and wait for the bulb to start sending out new leaves and keep the surface ones cut off as soon as you see them. This will give you the most compact submerged growth.

Thanks, I've cut the floating leaves off, so when the floating leaves appear i should cut them back? Just making sure i do this correctly. :)

Yep cut them off as they come out. You'll notice they are more rounded and make it half way to the surface in a day!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom