Top Beginner Aquarium Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crabcake

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello! Recently I've been wanting to put some live plants in my 10 Gallon aquarium. It has 2 African Dwarf Frogs, a male Vetail Betta, 3 zebra nerite snails, and, 5 Glowlight Tetras. Are there any Aquarium Plants that can go with them?:fish2:

I've really enjoyed java fern, anubias nana, water wisteria, cryptocoryne wenditii, and java moss as easy, low light plants. Perhaps some of those plants would do well in your tank as well.

What type of light are you running. You sound like you want a low tech set up but you will still need a light that offers some plant friendly spectrum at low wattage.

From there the above mentioned plants should work well.

Microsorum, Anubias, most types of Cryptocoryne, most Echinodorus species, moss, Dwarf Sag, and various others will do well in most planted tanks.

What type of light are you running. You sound like you want a low tech set up but you will still need a light that offers some plant friendly spectrum at low wattage.

From there the above mentioned plants should work well.

My Light is pretty bright, i would put it in the bright/very bright category.

My Light is pretty bright, i would put it in the bright/very bright category.

Your lighting will be fine for low tech. You'd be amazed at just how much light is required for high tech. Just because it looks bright doesn't mean it actually is. PAR rating is what u want to know when it comes to lighting [emoji106]

If your light is pretty intense be careful with your fert dosing etc as bright lights and no co2 can cause imbalance and algae growth. If you only have plants for a few easy to grow plants is only fertilise once a week and see how you go.

Root tabs will also be a good benefit for your crypts and any other heavy rooters [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom