water lily issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooth_cannibal

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i am not sure if they are just not going to grow or what. i got a pack of water lily bulbs about six months ago. they just planted in gravel no plant substrate. well its been like 6 months and none of them have sprouted. they are in a 30 gallon with a 30 watt plant bulb. i'm thinking that they don't have enough light. i forget i've been sitting on a full bag of floramax. so i moved one so far into the 10g with twin cf over it. i planted in some floramax in a yogurt container i added a bunch of holes for circulation.

any chance it'll sprout. i was thinking before i went to the trouble of planting all of them over again hoping i would ask. the bulbs aren't mushy. there is some give to them but they aren't rotten or anything i don't think. they don't smell and they don't have any mold or anything growing on them. if they do decide to start growing how abouts will it take.

so i am not sure if they are just not going to grow or what. i got a pack of water lily bulbs about six months ago. they just planted in gravel no plant substrate. well its been like 6 months and none of them have sprouted. they are in a 30 gallon with a 30 watt plant bulb. i'm thinking that they don't have enough light. i forget i've been sitting on a full bag of floramax. so i moved one so far into the 10g with twin cf over it. i planted in some floramax in a yogurt container i added a bunch of holes for circulation.

any chance it'll sprout. i was thinking before i went to the trouble of planting all of them over again hoping i would ask. the bulbs aren't mushy. there is some give to them but they aren't rotten or anything i don't think. they don't smell and they don't have any mold or anything growing on them. if they do decide to start growing how abouts will it take.

Sadly I dont think they will grow. I never had luck with them and after that long it probably isnt going tonhappen.

I don't know if this is true but I asked something similar a while ago and was told that they have to be planted the correct way up, otherwise they won't sprout. I was told to keep them wrapped in a moist paper towel in a warm place until they sprouted and then plant them with the sprout end up. It didn't work for me but it sounds reasonable. Good luck, I love water lilies in a tank!

When i put my lotus bulbs in my tank i just put them in the tank and when 2/3 sank they started to sprout and the third stay floating and was no good. It only took a week to sprout so they are probably rotting bulbs by now

ah. they never sank at all ever. i have to put a couple rocks over the one i replanted to keep in the floramax. not a big deal but curious to know if anyone else had this issue and then got them to grow or not. i guess fingers crossed.

ah. they never sank at all ever. i have to put a couple rocks over the one i replanted to keep in the floramax. not a big deal but curious to know if anyone else had this issue and then got them to grow or not. i guess fingers crossed.
I bought a Lilly like 2 mo ago it wasn't growing for the longest time then about 2 weeks ago it sprouted and between then and now it has exploded. But I've never heard it taking that long

Attachments

• image-3904907438.jpg
    image-3904907438.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom