what are the good signs for planted tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I thought of something funny while messing with my dear 10 gallon. I got SO much advice from everyone as to what to do, how it should be done, what and what not to do.... all for the set up, and some maintenancce. It just hit me though that was are the good signs for planted tanks. I am not sure if it is a myth but I think one of them is the plants tossing out O2. My plants have been doing that a lot while the light is on.. carrying out photosynthesis and all, so I was exctatic to see it happen. The water is very clear, and the Otos (which are delicate little guys) are living just fine from what I can tell. The plants shimmer with their colors and no browning of any kind. So thats as much as I know.. please add to the list! thanks

I am not sure if it is a myth but I think one of them is the plants tossing out O2.

It's called "pearling" for obvious reasons, your water is so saturated with o2, that the plants release the o2 as gas! Yes it is a very good sign, not a myth at all.

The most important good sign-- no algae! or at least very little, that your ottos can handle.

Electrobes, did you have all the right equipment from the beginning? My plants didn't start pearling until I bought a 72W light for my 10gal. But stopped after 3 days...due to temperature changes in the house. I had to add a heater today in addition to the heating pad I have under the tank, but it took me a week to figure it out. now my plants are a bit lighter colored. :?

I'm interested to hear what your setup is like.

another item that helps with pearling is co2. The plants use this duringthe day. You don't need to run it @ night.

Marcus Russo

http//www.AQUATIC-STORE.com

Back
Top Bottom