Where to aquire specific plants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpaceButler

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, I'm brand new to planted tanks and reading up.

If I want to get some specific plants, where are good places to look? Plant stores? Ask my LFS? Or is online my best bet. If it's online, what are some reputable sources?

Sorry if this info is readily available somewhere else, I didn't find it.

TIA

I'm fortunate that my hatchery has 2 huge tanks of plants! But if they didn't, I would look through our sponsor list. There are some plant companies there.

You might also check the Barter/Trade forum here on AquariumAdvice. I've gotten some of my best plants through trades with other hobbyists. Sometimes you can find plants that aren't available for sale anywhere from a private party. Good luck :)

Since you live in South Dakota, I'm going to point you right to www.aquariumplants.com - They are based out of Tea, South Dakota and I've had good experiences ordering from them in the past. I do suggest you figure out your order online, then give them a call to make certain everything is in stock. Mike is a cool guy, and if he's out of something, he'll suggest some subs, or just give you an idea if when he might get some in (if you don't want to sub anything).

You should be able to use USPS priority mail, which will cut your shipping in half (versus 2 day airmail from vendors further away)

Just ordered frmo liveaquaria.com.....plants came in great condition. I am very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom