wisteria dropping leaves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I added some wisteria stems to my tank and they took off pretty well. I cut the top off some of the new growth, and replanted. The propogated sections seem to be doing well, however, on much of the older stems I've lost between 80%-100% of the leaves. They just seem to thin out, then drop off. Ususally it is all the leaves except the very top ones, but on a few stems it is all the leaves. Any ideas on why this might be?

I have DIY CO2 @ 30-40ppm. 23w of CFL, 18w of T8, add BA FlorinMulti daily, will be dosing with nitrogen & phosphate soon.

At there notable color changes to the dropped leaves? Is the plant still in emersed form (big round leaves)? An issue with light is also a potential cause.

The dropped leaves are lighter in color, thinner looking; they are still larger & round. New growth is long & slender; I haven't lost any new growth. I thought at first it could be a lighting issue, but then I started losing leaves that were in the top 1/3 of the tank, in direct light.

Google pictures of emersed wisteria. If your leaves look like that, then they're just losing their emersed growth to adapt to submerge growth.

Excellent. Thanks. Thats what it is. When I bought them, they looked like this:
images

When I planted them, they looked like this:
images

I've pretty much lost everything that looks like that, but new growth looks like this, however, only at the top:
images

Most of the stems are just bare. They did lengthen about 6 inches in height, but not a ton of new foliage.

Back
Top Bottom