For Sale: Glass and/or Acrylic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GlassmanMD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Being a professional glass guy by trade I have an almost endless supply of glass and acrylic. If anyone is interested please let me know. Most glass I deal with is 1/4 inch, every now and then I get 1/2 inch very seldom anything any thicker. I deal with all different thickness' of acrylic. I have from 1/8 inch to some 1inch on hand right now. A lot of stuff sits around till it gets thrown away. I could also custom order anything at a lower commercial rate if needed. I am in Baltimore,MD. I could give most things away depending on size. As long as your willing to cover shipping:D and I have a Paypal

How much for 2 4'x8' sheets of 1/2" or 3/4" acrylic

I can get the prices on Monday when our Vendor opens. The cost for shipping is going to be high Acrylic is heavy lol

Approximate weight:
1/2" 2.8lbs a square foot
3/4" 4.3lbs a square foot

So a 4x8 sheet of 1/2" is around 89.6lbs
And a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 is around 137.6lbs

Last edited:
Ya I understand but I'm in a small town and anything over a quarter inch I'd have to get shipped anyways unfortunately so ya just let me kno and well go from there

Alright I'll try to reach my vendor today but most likely I won't be able to get you a solid price till Monday.

I would be more than happy to take any decent size scraps off your hands. I'm about to build a sump

I would be more than happy to take any decent size scraps off your hands. I'm about to build a sump

Just let me know about the sizes your looking for I'll go through the scrap and get you what you need hopefully we can squeeze it in to a flat rate box
:D

GlassmanMD said:
When I get back to my shop this afternoon I'll look through what I have. I assume you want 1/4"

Actually I'll be using some of that to cover a drilled hole in a 180 gallon tank but almost at the top of the tank
Would 1/4" support that? It isn't that much pressure but I want to be safe

OBEYtheFISH said:
Actually I'll be using some of that to cover a drilled hole in a 180 gallon tank but almost at the top of the tank

Just think of it this way measure from the bottom of the hole up and figure out the gallons of water that'll be at and above it and go according to that

I haven't attempted my own tank yet. I'm hoping to own a home soon. When that happens I will be working on a lot more DIY projects.

OBEYtheFISH said:

1/4 should be fine for that. I have thicker if you need. I actually have a big piece of I believe 1" that's going to be thrown away. It's rated for bullet resistance. We installed a bunch in a bank and this one piece was made wrong so it's garbage. I also have 3/8 scrap on hand and I'm sure I could find small pieces of 1/2"

GlassmanMD said:
1/4 should be fine for that. I have thicker if you need. I actually have a big piece of I believe 1" that's going to be thrown away. It's rated for bullet resistance. We installed a bunch in a bank and this one piece was made wrong so it's garbage. I also have 3/8 scrap on hand and I'm sure I could find small pieces of 1/2"

If you find pieces of the 1/2" that'd be great

For everyone looking for the bigger sheets, I'm sorry it's taking so long. I am having a bit of an argument with my vendor in an attempt to get the price down. I believe they are attempting to overcharge me.

For smaller pieces which I already have laying around if you could please get me a size and thickness I will get what I can over the weekend and start shipping small pieces out. I know I have some 1/2 and 1/4, right now destine for the dumpster so If you need small easy to ship things I could get packages ready this weekend and start getting them out.

This past week has been insane with work. The only good thing about today that got me home earlier then 7pm is my truck broke down lol

Last edited:
Hey Glassman,
Any chance at 4 glass baffles 10" x just under 12" x 1/4"
Let me know. Thanks in advance
John

Do you by chance have any 1/4 18x22 3/4 ? I need 2 of them for the top of my tank. And how much would that be? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom