10 gallon, not sure if I overstocked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
D-vanhorn90 said:
this is a 29 gallon high not a 10 gallon like the post says. I keep up water changes and do spot vacuums when needed. My ammonia never gets above .25 which is ok for a steady bb food supply. Tanks been up for a good while and was seeded immediately. Havent lost a fish yet and none appear to be under signs of any ailments besides a little algae on the walls and no aggression.

Ah sheesh good haha. Still overstocked by a bit, so more maintanence is definatly needed

I know all those fish raise concern and yous are worried about any problems but I dont have any problems and I do what I need for the correct accomodations of my tank and the parameters. Most advice given is advice to just keep things simple and easy and fail safe. I prove people wrong by having the wrong things typically go the right way due to my awareness of what I need to do to keep them going right. Yous may be afraid to push the limit and do things over the border but im not. Things people tell me shouldnt happen or I shouldnt do, like "a gourami with a betta and guppies?" No way! Theyll fight!" Guess again cause theyre too fast for the betta and nothing ever pops off in the tank, so please I know what I am doing and am educated, dont comment on problems I do not have unless I ask yous to help with something I do not know. Thanks!

I wondering why you asked for advice if you can't take it. Being overstocked isn't just about can the tank take it it's about aggression, swimming levels, bioload. And much more.

A 55g with 10 cories, 5 catfish,5 rams is overstocked because they all swim in at the bottom which WILL lead to aggression.

Just wait maybe the gourami,betta, and guppies are good now. Wait and watch well see which one gets killed first.

If anyone else wants to be rude, hateful, or do anything else that violates the rules in this thread, it will be locked and infractions issued to those responsible.

Wow- this whole thread seems like a joke. No offense but the 29 is overstocked too...Your going to have a whole ton of problems in your tank.

Oh goodness gracious, this thread is terrible. Here's my input.
1) the question was whether you are or are not overstocked. The answer would be yes, you are dear.
2) most of your problem is bio load and compatibility.
3) I know you don't want to feel like we are telling you what you do and don't know, but you did ask dear.
4) I would see if you could sell some of those fish, and trade a few more for more compatible ones. I recommend maybe buying a good book on the subject, they help me out a lot.

Back
Top Bottom