Freshwater or marine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Live life

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have a 135L freshwater tank and am looking to changed it for a marine tank. Can anybody tell me the pros and cons for both tanks

:welcome: to AA!
What do you mean the pros of fresh vs saltwater? If so imo its all about your tastes of style you like. Saltwater especially with a small tank is a little more work.

Hi Live Life! Welcome to AA!
Being that 135L is roughly 35 or so US gallons you could go with way. I'm a freshwater person (born, bred, water fed Oorah!) so I always lean toward the freshie side of things but its whatever you would think that you would enjoy the most. Look into what's accessible in your area, for example my local fish store is mainly freshwater so its easier to go there for my supplies. Its not up to us to decide for you what you should do because at the end of the day its only you that has to be happy with the end result :)

I've always liked freshwater better. I feel that the fish have more personality, and you can do more with a freshwater tank than you can with a saltwater. Also if you don't do corals, the tank will never really change. It'll just be the same rock formation all the time. Saltwater is more work. But saltwater tanks and fish are more colorful and many times beautiful.

It all depends on what you prefer. As for me, I'm a freshwater person all the way. I even tried saltwater and hated it. You might be different.

butterfly_koi said:
Hi Live Life! Welcome to AA!
Being that 135L is roughly 35 or so US gallons you could go with way. I'm a freshwater person (born, bred, water fed Oorah!) so I always lean toward the freshie side of things but its whatever you would think that you would enjoy the most. Look into what's accessible in your area, for example my local fish store is mainly freshwater so its easier to go there for my supplies. Its not up to us to decide for you what you should do because at the end of the day its only you that has to be happy with the end result :)

Hi butterfly_koi thanks for your point of view

Bettafanatic said:
I've always liked freshwater better. I feel that the fish have more personality, and you can do more with a freshwater tank than you can with a saltwater. Also if you don't do corals, the tank will never really change. It'll just be the same rock formation all the time. Saltwater is more work. But saltwater tanks and fish are more colorful and many times beautiful.

It all depends on what you prefer. As for me, I'm a freshwater person all the way. I even tried saltwater and hated it. You might be different.

Hi Bettafanatic thanks for your point of view

Back
Top Bottom