I found 10g by the dumpster!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cobaltskyy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yay me! This thing is in great condition just needed a good cleanin which i just did. AGA hood 15W bulb, eheim heater, tetra 20 filter...all working! Well the heater is on let's see what the temp is in the AM! Washed everything thoroughly w/hot water of course....tomorrow is the true test. DOES IT HOLD WATER! LOL

Plus a friend of the family will soon be giving me their 50g setup!! :):):):):)

Oh the heater is in my empty soon to be fry tank...im planning on raising the temp once it stabilizes itself to make sure there is no Ich left in that tank!!

nice pick up!!!

i'd wash with bleach if i were you, you never know where that tank has been! lol :lol:

Bleach will work well... use a 3X dose of dechlorinator in the tank on the final rinse to make sure you neutralize all of it.

Cool! Thanks again for all the advice. One more question the tetra20 filter...is that too strong for platys or swordtail's to be kept in the 10 g? Could I just baffle the filter? Or maybe this will be my zebra danio breeding tank? So many choices! Help...lol so much for one more question!

IMO a 10 gallon is too small for any of those choices (swordtail, platy, zebra danio)

mommytron said:
IMO a 10 gallon is too small for any of those choices (swordtail, platy, zebra danio)

Yea I have been doing some research since my earlier post. I am open to any suggestions... I have an empty tank cycling now im going to put my betta and a couple snails in that one. This new one im not sure about. Im trying to please my wifey she wants a goldfish again I keep telling her no we don't have a big enough tank! Lol

Back
Top Bottom