New 20G Long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vickitty123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First time poster!

I just set up my 20 gallon long today, filtered, heated, has an old sponge filter from my last 10 gallon sandwiched in a new one, and an led light that is 1/3 the length of the tank, as well as a swirly bamboo plant with the leaves above water.

I plan on adding plants and putting about 20lb of black aquarium sand. I'm needing some ideas on what to stock it with. My main considerations at the moment are albino cories, a clown pleco, female bettas, etc. (Obviously not all of them together)
Thanks and I hope this forum is a good fit!

Attachments

• 20200316_142356.jpg
    20200316_142356.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the community!

20G long is a really nice shape small tank. You can do any number of things, but one which got me thinking right off is the Cories.

Have you seen Pygmy Cories? They are a smidge different than the regular Cories in behavior, spending more time swimming everywhere in the tank. They still group up but often in smaller groups which connect up with the other groups and split off again, so not as big of schooler as say the Albino/Bronze /Green Aeneus Cories.

There are other dwarf Cories which group up better.

You could keep a sorority of female Bettas, and have a Clown Pleco. Lots of options!

Back
Top Bottom