not really new but I just found it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just found a marble nerite as a hitchhiker on my live rock and two neat little urchins who were both in my fuge already. not to mention the mysis shrimp in my main tank who still manage to breed despite my mandarin and a new chiton I just found while typing this message. this rock is almost 8 months old in my tank too.....

she eats the little ones. The big ones are a little too big for her but I culture amphipods for her to eat. Somehow though the population of larger mysis shrimp has gone up so I know she isn't getting all the young ones.

I have a lot of amphipods, but I see my mandarin picking at things I can't even see on the rocks, so I'm assuming he's eating copepods. I read that they seem to like the smaller ones better, but I sure wish he'd eat the amphipods.

I'm about to order more copepods, just to make sure. Can you culture mysis shrimp as well?

Where are you ordering yoru copepods from?
I'd like to add some more to the fuge for my 2 mandarins (long story), though both seem to be doing well and growing.

http://www.reef-revolution.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=21

I checked some sites and this seems to be the best price so far. I ordered and received a bottle pretty quickly. I think they will e-mail you a form to fill out, but check the web site. If you have problems, I have an e-mail address... as a matter of fact, here's the e-mail address. :adelaide@essentiallivefeeds.com

Back
Top Bottom