Aquarium Placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

defenestrator

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
All,

I am working towards my first saltwater tank and have a question about placement.

I have read that placing an aquarium in a high traffic area such as a hallway, is not a good idea.

What about a living room, 3-4 feet from a TV? I want the aquarium to be in a place where my family and I can enjoy it daily. That location would be ideal for us, but what about the inhabitants?

FYI, the tank will begin as FOWLR migrating to full reef tank as it and I mature.

Thank you,

defenestrator

putting a tank by a tv will cause tv's not to be turned on !!! :))))) which is what 3/4th of america needs anyway :))) sooooooooooooooo go for it where one of mine is !!
as for a tank in a hallway well imo it dont matter if ya pick the right fish !!! yea if ya have a tang he would be freeked out everytime someone walked by but if ya had puffers /triggers they would just follow ya for food hehehe

putting a tank by a tv will cause tv's not to be turned on !!!
My tank is about a foot away from the tv and We still turn on the TV I just dont have to watch the Boring "Chick Flicks" anymore LMAO lol its like honey did you see that.. Yes dear I did.. Nemo just chased the Damsel away.. Ohh wait you were tlaking about the movie right LOL

James

hehehehe tru tru and it was that way but ya have to let the bitter half pick out a fish she likes and that might spark an intrest !! it worked for me on this one !!! :) now she watchs and want more :)

No kidding! My fiance had a blah attitude toward getting a salt tank. So I told her that we could have a Nemo and Dori and she's all for it now. LoL

all it takes and i think most would be hooked heheh as long as they dont have to do any work on it hehehe but at least no complaining about money heheh

hehehe thats tuff cause i love vacations my self as long as its near an ocean !! :)
thats when ya learn to dive and then she does her thing and the am ya out diving heheheh no better vacation than that imo :)

scuba_steve,

That is something I have always wanted to learn how to do, but have rarely been near the ocean and even more rarely had the funds to try. :lol:

defenestrator

Back
Top Bottom