AquaTricia 40 gal FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm worried about that Nem, too after what happened to the trigger. That button coral is beautiful. My reef tank is only 28g, so I haven't bought a coral in a year or so. And the four fish seem satisfied. When I send you your present, I'll have an excuse to move things around.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Got two cinnamon clowns today, a brittle star and a bunch of snails. Clowns look good, brittle star is shaky, the fighting conch isn't fighting, and my Astraea star snails have mostly died. When I opened the bag, the water was milk colored and stunk to high heaven. Wonder what gave me the idea they might not be alive? Will call LiveAquaria tomorrow.

conch do there best work after dark I have 2 they move about a lot some times even bury them selves, give him a chance to settle , bet those clowns look good

They do look good. They're young, so not at full color but cute and active as they can be. Yeah, thought I'd give everything a chance to settle tonight.

Hey, has anyone ever had problems with LiveAquaria's shipments of inverts? I have lost nearly all I ordered. Of course they reimbursed me for all of it, but it seems strange. When I opened the bag of spiny star Astraeas, the smell almost knocked me down. Only one survived that and nine were DOA. And I am very careful when I acclimate and have never had trouble before. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had the same thing happen, because I want to place another order and don't want the same thing happening.

I get snails from lots of different places and I get that too , it's not the vendor per say it's more the packer not watching for quality control ,

Ok. I went ahead and ordered more. Order will be here Wednesday morning. I am sure that was a one time thing. I will be especially careful during acclimation. Thanks.

New critters are here and in the tank. Ordered 8 bumblebee snails, 10 banded trochus and another fighting conch. Lights are currently off on the tank for another hour. I can see the conch, but it hasn't moved yet.

I just toothbrushed some brown algae and cyano from the rocks and near the sand. Lots of floating garbage now. HOB filter quit. My husband will fix that when he gets home, I did all I know to do. I checked salinity and it was 1.024. But when I checked the pH with my Hanna Checker, it's reading 6.5. Talk about panicking! Could it be because of the floating garbage and sand?

Is the hanna checker a digital meter? If so did you recalibrate it and test again?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No, I didn't recalibrate it. Why would it suddenly do hat? I use it regularly and not even sure how to recalibrate. Oh, and yes, it's a digital.

It might be worth to see if it isn't calibrated with 7.0 solution. I'm not sure why it would suddenly go whack but its a possibility

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hello again everyone! Got a problem (as usual). Several weeks ago, I purchased two cinnamon clowns. Of course, one got bigger and changed color rapidly. The other stayed small and orange. Last night I noticed the big one chasing anything that moved, especially the little clown. This afternoon, I found the little one dead. Nothing I read indicated the cinnamon clowns would be this vicious. I really had wanted a pair, but am afraid to get another, even if I get a larger one. I know they are in the damsel family so I expected some aggression, but not like this. I'm just hoping the yellow assessor and my sunrise dottyback will survive her. Any thoughts?

I'd trade her in once they kill it's not very good odds that she wouldn't do it again , a lot of mom and pop shops do trades

Yeah, I think you're right. Haven't seen the assessor in a couple of days, so I broke some of the smaller rocks apart. He swam out but just laid in front of the rock breathing heavily. While I did some other maintenance, he disappeared. He is halfway in one of the rocks, but his tail has really been chewed. I put stress coat in the tank, but I don't expect a good outcome. I only know of one mom and pop store. They will take the fish, but give you nothing in return.

Back
Top Bottom