Feather Duster Worms - placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capj64

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought two yellow dwarf feather dusters a few weeks ago. I've tried placing them in different spots but they always end up moving. So the last time they moved I thought that I would just let them go and see where they end up. They're now at the back of my tank, one of them face down. It's been a few days now, so should I leave them or keep trying to push them into where I want them (I would actually like to see them)?

I would always take mine and prop them between some small rocks so they could be seen out front. It would look like they were coming out of the rocks.

Ok, that's what I did. Thanks for the advise...I was just scared to "plant" them because I'd read that if they don't like where they are, they could come out of their tubes and relocate themselves. But that it is stressful for them.

I just finished doing my PWC so I went ahead and did some rock rearranging (I think I finally like how I have it) so I "planted" the feathers. Found a hole in one of the rocks that the feather's tube fit through :) and the other I just hung over a rock until I find a place to put it.

I stuck my Duster in a sea shell. That way I could move it until it seems happy. I'll see if I can post a picture. Oh, here it is:
img_1123708_0_665eda301e58c9114e8a0cf1c2877c47.jpg

Low flow? I may have to move one of them then. That's funny too because when they moved, they'd alway end up under my filter's overflow.

One of my hermit crabs "gave birth", "released eggs" tonight so my feathers should enjoy that, right? I know my peppermint shrimp are going crazy for it.
First time seeing that, it was really cool :)

A Hawaiian Featherduster. I've had this one for a year and a half. My clarkii host this duster from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom