Foxface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soto413

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I bought a fox face and he does not seem happy in the tank , he only swims around to move to another hiding spot or to eat. He has been in the tank 3 days maybe he just needs more time. I attached a photo he never changed the way he is in the photo is the way he always is...

I have learned with my foxface( through hours of aggravation, lol) that they are very temperamental fish. Mine did this same thing for weeks. He still continues to do it. They show their mood all the time. After a week or two he will calm down and be more active and show his normal color. It takes a while. Mine stressed me out for a while.

Foxfaces need large tanks, my foxface is the most active fish in my tank and constantly swims from one end to the other. My foxface (foxy) is around 5-6 inch now but can grow up to 20cm, my tank is a 5x2x2 and I still feel this is too small for him, how big is your tank ?

Really ? My LFS said he would be fine , when we bought him he was in the LFS tiny tank for about 3 weeks he was the only one and he was happy ... This sucks my daughter loves that fish

Mine is in a 180g 6x2x2. And doesn't use half the tank. He's about 6" he's active while the lights are on and feeds but hides a lot an hangs out and sleeps discolored and spiked up

I have the one spot fox face his minimum tank size is a 70 gallon ... We will be switching over to a 75 in about 2 weeks or so

Ah yeah the one spot doesn't grow as large, it's an excuse to upgrade too lol, I started small then came a 3ft tank then a 5x2x2 ;)

I'd say something is def stressing him out. What are you parameters? IMO hiding is normal and even predicted, but the discoloration and spiking is what's an issue. I'd check params first, then keep a close eye on him to see of someone's bullying him.

That's another thing , we just recently bought our first testing kit now if we are testing it correctly our Parameters are

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 8.2
Po4: 0.5
Salinity: 1.022

In the tank we have
Clarkii clown
Blue tang
Fuzzy dwarf lion fish
Coral beauty
FireFish
3 snails
3 electric blue hermit crabs
Peppermint shrimp
Emerald green crab

The fox face is currently our largest fish everything else is small

I bumped up a thread I started a while Back. It seems to be normal activity. Mine is more comfortable after a month and a half in the tank and still swims around and flairs up. Are you giving him seaweed on clips?

No I'm not , my LFS just told me he would eat the brine & Mysis shrimp I'm feeding my other fish , should I buy some?

I put 2x2 inch squares of seaweed in a veggie clip every night. He tears it up. I put it in the front glass. That way I can see him. Lol He loves it. You will enjoy watching him as well

No I'm not , my LFS just told me he would eat the brine & Mysis shrimp I'm feeding my other fish , should I buy some?

Did you get to read through the other thread? Foxface looks stressed, that's what I was going through a month ago. Lol

Back
Top Bottom