Golder Sleeper Head Goby not sifting sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yyqx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought this goby maybe a month or two ago and it has done well with mysis shrimp. However I noticed it doesn't sift the sand at all! For the first few weeks it didn't dig up under my rocks for a home, but has now. I have read about getting a refugium but I don't have enough money to put into that.. I am not sure if i have any copepods in my tank either, i am not really sure how to check but i did try that thing where u turn off all the lights and still the water then focus a light on a part of the tank... i dont know if i saw any ':D

I'm also trying to get the goby onto other foods because I find mysis shrimp a bit troublesome to buy and don't have enough fish to eat up a whole piece if i dump it in.
I did try some sinking carnivore pellets :ermm: which i'm not even sure was a good idea or not (either way my other fish can eat them) and have just now tried some freeze dried blood worms but they just stay at the top. When some did go down however, my goby came out and just looked at it then swam back to its hole.
Am I just stuck to feeding the goby mysis shrimp? Would like some tips hehe... Thanks!

BTW my other 2 fish are a three spot domino and aiptasia eating file fish, i have live sand and 2 dry rocks

Cut up the mysis cubes. You don't have to feed an entire thing at once.
In terms of it not sifting sand, it sounds more like it is when it feels like it. There is a chance you don't see it due to being a skittish fish. Or maybe performance anxiety.

Back
Top Bottom