Does Bumblebee fish Goby sting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pettygil

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Bumblebee Goby fish, do they sting, or is it their color which makes them
Bumblebee Goby? Do they school, and how big do they get? I do not want to over crowed my tank. :cool::thanks:(y):whistle:

Bumblebee goby are so called because of their colour, not because they sting.

Are you aware they are a brackish water fish, not freshwater?

Bumblebee goby are so called because of their colour, not because they sting.

Are you aware they are a brackish water fish, not freshwater?

No, I was not aware they were brackish water fish. I am not sure what that is. I am still learning about fresh water fish. :cool::whistle:(y)

Freshwater is what you have. There is no salt in freshwater. Freshwater fish live in rivers, streams and lakes.

Marine is saltwater. Marine fish live in the ocean. Clown fish, dorys, those fish you saw watching Finding Nemo. Corals are also kept in marine aquariums. To keep marine fish and coral you need to replicate their ocean water by adding marine salt.

Brackish water is somewhere in between Freshwater and marine. Its a little salty. Brackish water fish live in those in between areas between the rivers and the seas like tidal estuaries. To keep brackish water fish you need to be adding some salt to the water, but not as much as you would a marine aquarium.

Bumblebee gobys are cool fish to keep if you want to set up another aquariun as a brackish water tank, but they wont do well in the freshwater aquariums you already have.

https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/features/how-to-set-up-a-brackish-goby-aquarium/

Last edited:
Freshwater is what you have. There is no salt in freshwater. Freshwater fish live in rivers, streams and lakes.

Marine is saltwater. Marine fish live in the ocean. Clown fish, dorys, those fish you saw watching Finding Nemo. Corals are also kept in marine aquariums. To keep marine fish and coral you need to replicate their ocean water by adding marine salt.

Brackish water is somewhere in between Freshwater and marine. Its a little salty. Brackish water fish live in those in between areas between the rivers and the seas like tidal estuaries. To keep brackish water fish you need to be adding some salt to the water, but not as much as you would a marine aquarium.

Bumblebee gobys are cool fish to keep if you want to set up another aquariun as a brackish water tank.

I do not have anymore room for another tank. I wish I did. These are cool looking fish though. I will just enjoy the fish I have. I was thinking of buying 10 more Black Neon Tetra.. I hope that would not over crowd my tank. This is what is in my 40 gallon tank, right now.
10 Black Neon Tetra (I like to buy 10 more)
6 glow in dark tetras
8 red eyed tetras
5 Adolfo’s Cory
4 panda cory fish

Bumblebee gobys are cool fish to keep if you want to set up another aquariun as a brackish water tank, but they wont do well in the freshwater aquariums you already have.

https://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/features/how-to-set-up-a-brackish-goby-aquarium/

I do not have any more room for another fish tank, so I will have to pass on keeping these fish. Thanks for the link though. I never heard of Brackish fish before. I know there is salt water fish. I also need to learn more about Fresh water fish, before doing anything else. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated it. :thanks:(y)

I would hold off on getting the extra 10 Black Neons for now. If you don't get the right sized ones ( ones the size you already have) that could cause a problem. You'd be better off getting another specie of fish than more of the Neons IMO.

I would hold off on getting the extra 10 Black Neons for now. If you don't get the right sized ones ( ones the size you already have) that could cause a problem. You'd be better off getting another specie of fish than more of the Neons IMO.

I ordered the fish from this seller. I be gettin the same fish. They have 10 more fish left that you buy in the ammount of ten. All fish were about the same size, look that way to me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/386098412251
This is the seller, fish came to me on time and they are really healthy and hardy. All fish survived. That is why I purchased the fish, so they be the same fish if I ordered again. I do like neon tetras, so I could check out small fish for me 40 gallon tank. Just let me know what you think. Thanks!

I ordered the fish from this seller. I be gettin the same fish. They have 10 more fish left that you buy in the ammount of ten. All fish were about the same size, look that way to me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/386098412251
This is the seller, fish came to me on time and they are really healthy and hardy. All fish survived. That is why I purchased the fish, so they be the same fish if I ordered again. I do like neon tetras, so I could check out small fish for me 40 gallon tank. Just let me know what you think. Thanks!

How long ago did you get the original Black neons?

Delivered on Wed, Sep 13 like two weeks ago.

I'd ask the shipper if these are from the same batch yours are from. You can't go by the pictures because they are not going to take new pictures every time they get new Black Neons in. It's probably a stock picture from online anyway.

I sent the message

I'd ask the shipper if these are from the same batch yours are from. You can't go by the pictures because they are not going to take new pictures every time they get new Black Neons in. It's probably a stock picture from online anyway.

I sent the message to the shipper.. I am waiting for a reply. I see what they say.

They got back to me, this is what they say.

They sent me this message on ebay about the fish. They said to me this.

"Thank you for contacting us.
If you reorder, the next order will be on the same patch.
Thanks"

I will get the fish, Is that ok, from what they told me?
Their fish are really healthy and hardy. They also ship fast.
This seller is awesome, when it comes to fish.

They sent me this message on ebay about the fish. They said to me this.

"Thank you for contacting us.
If you reorder, the next order will be on the same patch.
Thanks"

I will get the fish, Is that ok, from what they told me?
Their fish are really healthy and hardy. They also ship fast.
This seller is awesome, when it comes to fish.

If they are the same batch, they should be the same size so no issues. Just trying not to have a repeat of the red eye situation. :whistle:

Thank you

If they are the same batch, they should be the same size so no issues. Just trying not to have a repeat of the red eye situation. :whistle:

Thank you, for your reply. That is all I am getting for my 40 gallon high tank. I do not want over crowding issues.

Back
Top Bottom