How Would You Stock A 120 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not so sure about the grouper. how would a Sailfin tang do with them

what do you think about large angels and sps, anemones, and mushrooms. do you think that a large angel would bother any of these or would they be generally safe from niping?

really most places i read about them it says that an emperor angel wont nip at them. what about the shrooms or anemones?

It says " It will nip at stony and soft corals (sessile invertebrates) and clam mantles, but may be kept with small-polyped stony corals and somewhat noxious soft corals." I would not IMO try any corals with this on their resume. I`ve had to tear down the tank and chase angels out to keep from wrecking my reef albeit they were dwarf angels. I`ve taken the NO ANGELS pledge. Just sharing my experience.

would an emperor be cramped in a 60in tank?? just trying to find out generally what size fish would work. With a reef how do the smaller angels do like coral beautys or flame angels? Also for a reef would a sailfin tang and something like a purple tang or hippo tang be to much? i know that tangs need a good amount of space

If you got a smaller tang, like a Yellow, you would be able to fit it. As Mike said above, he had a Dwarf Angel and for a while it was a model citizen and then it started enjoying the taste of coral. Mike had to take his whole tank apart just to catch it. Some however never nip corals. It depends on the fish.

With a reef how do the smaller angels do like coral beautys or flame angels?

Those were the two that tried to wreck my reef. They destroyed a couple of them and would have done more if I had not tore the tank down to get them out.

Back
Top Bottom