Is there an alternative to jumping diamond gobies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

courtneyclv

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hmm..I have gone through 2 gobies in the last month because they jumped out. My tank is covered but there is about 3 inches of space along the back where I have my filters and everything. I haven't covered them yet. )since you cant see that part of the tank I will think of something to use..maybe just some taped paper or foil?)

My question is....I did love how my goby sifted my sand. Is there any other kind of critter that will do this? I got rid of hermits because they ate everything. My only clean up crew now are snails.

Egg Crate, AKA light diffuser grid. Sold in the lighting section of Home Depot. Cuts easily to size, allows air curculation without letting jumpers out. Many people use this for the whole tank lid, and prop the lights above it.

Great idea thanks! I think I will try to get a goby one more time. They say, "Threes a charm!"

I agree with dskidmore. I actually bought egg crate, but I don't have any jumpers yet, just getting ready.

Back
Top Bottom