need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diesel38

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday I added about 10 pounds of live rock to my aquarium my son after about 4 hours noticed my fish were not swimming I tried to save them all of them died except for my goby and some crabs but the fox face blue ring angel and purple tang didnt make it...Today my water looks like milk I do not want to add anything until my problem is diagnosed any help would be appreciated my tank has ran strong for 2 years no problems....thank you...

The milk water happened to me once...called my LFS and he said my live rock was dead..I took it out and did water changers. I was lucky only lost 1 fish...good luck...

was the live rock you added cured
From what you said added 10lbs live rock than 4 hrs later things went south
would lead to me thinking rock was not fully cured throwing your tank into a mini cycle
sorry to see you loosing your stock it definitely sucks
as for water turning milky never seen that issue so have no idea on that sorry

Happened to me once but I'm sure my dog pissed on one off my died rocks I pulled out of my backyard

sounds like your rock was uncured and possibly contaminated (Milky Water). Test your water and see if you have an ammonia or nitrite spike

Back
Top Bottom