Powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's more about making sure you don't have any dead spots for detritus to settle mor than a specific gph for fowlr tanks

I have 1200 gph in my 125 gallon aquarium and it works well for that size ...so maybe 800-1000 gph?

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 1200 gph in my 125 gallon aquarium and it works well for that size ...so maybe 800-1000 gph?

That's about what I have in my 20 and it seems to be right for my corals. Is this a fowlr? I'd shoot for 20-25 x turnover per hour or 1,500-2,000 gph.

My tank is fowlr

That's about what I have in my 20 and it seems to be right for my corals. Is this a fowlr? I'd shoot for 20-25 x turnover per hour or 1,500-2,000 gph.

I have about 850 in my 20.

bribo12- do you have a single PH at that flow rate, or multiple? I have 2 that combine to that rate, but don't run them at the same time. Mine is a 20high, not long, and they're clownfish, not salmon :)

Haha mine is a 20 high too and I have 2, an mp10 on reef crest and a koralia 425. So flow fluctuates from probably 800-1200 gph throughout the day.

Yeah I have two 425s alternating. One is on the front left, the other on the rear right, both pointing slightly down and towards the center.

I was toying with putting one on the back wall facing forward, but that would probably blow all the sand around on the front wall. My other thought was to run them at the same time, pointed directly at each other to create a more turbulent flow.

Back
Top Bottom